Name: Bjørn Baltzersen
Born: September 2. 1954
10 years experience from the Norwegian Merchant navy from apprentice to Chief Engineer.
- Diesel engine operations and maintenance
- Aux steam turbine operations and maintenance
- Steam boiler operations and maintenance
11 years experience from operating, maintenance and managing a solid Waste to Energy plant. Practice from this period:
- Establishing an operational organisation at a new Waste to Energy Plant.
- Managing the plant operations as "Operational manager".
- Total economic responsibility during years as managing director.
- Project manager for installation of new flue gas cleaning system.
He has experience from planning and management of several plant projects regarding newer installations and larger annual
maintenance jobs. The tasks have included optimisation of plant processes, mechanical and chemical. In addition systemisation
of the plants maintenance system in co-ordination with the plants economic accounting systems has been an important task.
1975-1977 Collage of Marine Engineering, Tønsberg, Norway, Chief Marine Engineer
1979-80 Norwegian Correspondence Institute
Engineer degree in:
- Personnel administration
- Drawing techniques
- Technical English
Red Boiler certificate
The experience record of Bjørn Baltzersen
2013 - Naturteknologi as (www.grander.no)
Engaged as CEO via Nulife
2005 - Sikker
Drift Ltd /NuLife NUF
and technical consultant
2002 - 2005 Konsulentbyrået 7K AS
Senior technical consultant
1996- 2002 Sikker Drift, Bjørn Baltzersen
Manager (consulting business)
1985-1996 Klemetsrudanlegget, Oslo kommune
Divided into the following company periods. (The same plant with different owners)
1993-1996 Oslo renholdsverk (now Renovasjonsetaten), Technical manager
1989-1993 Klemetsrudanlegget, Oslo kommune, Director
Resirkuleringsanlegget i Oslo A/S (bankruptcy estate), Acting director
1985-1989 Resirkuleringsanlegget i Oslo A/S, Operational manager, incineration plant
1974-1984 A/S Havtor Management
Merchant mariner from apprentice to Chief Engineer.
EXTRACTS OF ASSIGNMENTS AND EXPERIENCES, Bjørn Baltzersen
2007-2011 Client: Johnson Matthey Catalyst (Germany) GmbH
2007-2008 Client: Ventura
Holding Amundsen Gruppen AS
- Feasibility study, WtE in Iran.
2007- 2009 Client: NIC Technologies AS
- Feasibility study, WtE in Mexico
2006-07 Client: Valcambi sa
- Contract considerations and adjustments of a scrubber plant from a gold refinery.
2005 Client: Energigjenvinningsetaten
- QA of water sampling, discharge from the waste water treatment plant at Klemetsrudanlegget.
2004 Client: Senja Avfallselskap
- Design, erection and start-up of an integrated dioxin filter in a wet scrubber unit. (Own development and design)
2002-current Client: Carbo AS
- Assisting in R&D of a new waste heat recovery boiler and heat exchanger.
2001 Client: Process Partner AS
- Assisting the owner of the vessel "Rea Sea" to recycle two hazardous waste combustion chambers.
2000-current Client: Oslo renovasjonsetat
- Optimisation of the waste water treatment plant at Klemetsrudanlegget.
- Tender documents, contracting of 3 years emission measurements.
- Project assistant in the project: "New baghouse filter" for the Klemetsrud plant (2000-2001)
- Dioxin removal in a wet scrubbing plant by injection of activated carbon (2000-2001)
- Project assistant for retrofit control system for the Brobekk incineration plant. (2000-2001)
- Project manager for renewal and/or expansion of incineration capacity and waste heat recovery.
- Technical recourse for misc. projects.
- Economic "investigator" for reporting old projects.
1999-2000 Client: Oslo renovasjonsetat
- Acting dept. director "AfA" (Dept. for solid waste treatment in two incineration plants and
- Special assignment: Contributor to-, and quality control of the consequence analysis
for the increase of incineration capacity in Oslo. Capacity increase 160.000 tons/year. Report consultant: InterConsult Group ASA, Oslo with NILU as sub supplier.
1998- 2000 Client: InterConsult Group ASA, Dep. Bergen
- "Incineration expert" The BiR-prosjet (A new incineration plant 90.000 t/year)
1998-01 Client: Cambi A/S
- Hazop study for Fredricia municipality, sewage sludge treatment plant.
- Hazop study for the Lillehammer wet organic waste treatment plant.
- Hazop study for Næstved municipality, sewage sludge treatment plant.
- Hazop study for Borregaard bio sludge treatment plant
- Hazop study for Chertsey sewages slude treatment plant.
1998-99 Client: Oslo renholdsverk (Oslo renovasjonsetat)
- Project manager for misc. projects.
- Y2K project participant. Over all technical overview.
1997-98 Client: Interconsult International A/S
Sub client: Norconsult International A/S
Main client: Public Works Department, Ministry of interior, Thailand
Project: The Samui (2x70 tons/day) and Phuket (1 x 250 tons/day) incineration plants, Thailand
- Project supervision as "Incineration expert"
1996-97 Client: MEPEX Consult A/S
Main client: NOAH A/S
Project: Pre-treatment plant for organic hazardous waste.
- Tender documents for hazardous waste treatment plant.
- Evaluation of bids.
- Process development.
1993-1996 Client: Cambi A/S
Project(s): HIAS, Gardermoen, Svendborg
- Process development for thermal explosion treatment of sewage sludge.
- Equipment list production.
- ACAD-drawing of P&ID’s.
- P&ID’s, Layout drawing for bid documents.
1995-98 Client: CARBO A/S
Project: Several bids for projects in Russia.
Long term co-operation agreement.
- ACAD-drawing of P&ID’s, Fluid Bed incineration plant.
- Equipment lists.
- Control philosophy
1993-96: Oslo renholdsverk
Project management of following projects:
- New ACC. (Automatic Combustion Control) for both the Klemetsrud and Brobekk plants.
- New PLC for the Klemetsrud plant
- Improvement of effluent water treatment from flue gas treatment plant. High focus on mercury removal.
- Development of pilot plant for dioxin removal.
- Optimisation of SO2-scrubber stage.
- Installation of oil burners (54 MW installed capacity, 4 incineration lines)
1985-96 REO/Klemetsrudanlegget and Oslo renholdsverk
- Establishing the operational organisation at REO, incineration plant. (1985)
- Purchase of coarse shredder for wood waste (1986)
- Development of computer applications for plant management.
- New flue gas cleaning plant, Klemetsrudanlegget. (1986-1991)
1974-1984 The shiping company P. Meyer (AS Havtor Management)
- Carrier from apprentice to Chief Engineer.
COMPUTER SKILLS *)
AutoCad LT 2000, also some ACAD R13
DataEase v. 4.53
GBA accounting system
Misc. process control systems
MS DOS and Windows
*) With the exception of a Novell Network course, all has been self learned, using product instruction manuals.
not for business
*) Excellent in combination with Word spell check. (I lived in the US as a child '57-'65)
(Rating: Excellent, Good, Fair)
References to be contacted only after prior approval.
Municipality of Oslo
Former Municipal director, Department of Environment and Transportation
U. F. Beichmann (now retired) (+ 47- on request)
Municipality of Oslo, Oslo solid waste management company
Director, Lasse Ramdahl +472348 3650
InterConsult Group ASA
Project manager Ole Johan Valle +475301 8600
Research manager Odd Egil Solheim +476677 9800
Bergesen dy (purchaser of AS Havtor Management with/records)
Edgar Norhus +47 2212 0505