EXTRACTS OF ASSIGNMENTS AND EXPERIENCES, Bjørn Baltzersen
2005 Client: Energigjenvinningsetaten
- QA of water sampling, discharge from the waste water treatment plant at Klemetsrudanlegget.
2004 Client: ;Senja Avfallselskap
- Design, erection and start-up of an integrated dioxin filter in a wet scrubber unit. (Own development and design)
2002-current Client: Carbo AS
- Assisting in R&D of a new waste heat recovery boiler and heat exchanger.
2001 Client: Process Partner AS
- Assisting the owner of the vessel "Rea Sea" to recycle two hazardous waste combustion chambers.
2000-2004 Client: Oslo renovasjonsetat
- Optimisation of the waste water treatment plant at Klemetsrudanlegget.
- Tender documents, contracting of 3 years emission measurements.
- Project assistant in the project: "New baghouse filter" for the Klemetsrud plant (2000-2001)
- Dioxin removal in a wet scrubbing plant by injection of activated carbon (2000-2001)
- Project assistant for retrofit control system for the Brobekk incineration plant. (2000-2001)
- Project manager for renewal and/or expansion of incineration capacity and waste heat recovery. (2000)
- Technical recourse for misc. projects.
- Economic "investigator" for reporting old projects.
1999-2000 Client: Oslo renovasjonsetat
- Acting dept. director "AfA" (Dept. for solid waste treatment in two incineration plants and one landfill)
- Special assignment: Contributor to-, and quality control of the consequence analysis for the increase of incineration
capacity in Oslo. Capacity increase 160.000 tons/year. Report consultant: InterConsult Group ASA, Oslo with NILU as sub supplier.
1998- 2000 Client: InterConsult Group ASA, Dep. Bergen
- "Incineration expert" The BiR-prosjet (A new incineration plant 90.000 t/year)
1998-01 Client: Cambi A/S
- Hazop study for Fredricia municipality, sewage sludge treatment plant.
- Hazop study for the Lillehammer wet organic waste treatment plant.
- Hazop study for Næstved municipality, sewage sludge treatment plant.
- Hazop study for Borregaard bio sludge treatment plant
- Hazop study for Chertsey sewages slude treatment plant.
1998-99 Client: Oslo renholdsverk (Oslo renovasjonsetat)
- Project manager for misc. projects.
- Y2K project participant. Over all technical overview.
1997-98 Client: Interconsult International A/S
Sub client: Norconsult International A/S
Main client: Public Works Department, Ministry of interior, Thailand
Project: The Samui (2x70 tons/day) and Phuket (1 x 250 tons/day) incineration plants, Thailand
- Project supervision as "Incineration expert"
1996-97 Client: MEPEX Consult A/S
Main client: NOAH A/S
Project: Pre-treatment plant for organic hazardous waste.
- Tender documents for hazardous waste treatment plant.
- Evaluation of bids.
- Process development.
1993-1996 Client: Cambi A/S
Project(s): HIAS, Gardermoen, Svendborg
- Process development for thermal explosion treatment of sewage sludge.
- Equipment list production.
- ACAD-drawing of P&ID’s.
- P&ID’s, Layout drawing for bid documents.
1995-98 Client: CARBO A/S
Project: Several bids for projects in Russia.
Long term co-operation agreement.
- ACAD-drawing of P&ID’s, Fluid Bed incineration plant.
- Equipment lists.
- Control philosophy
1993-96: Oslo renholdsverk
Project management of following projects:
- New ACC. (Automatic Combustion Control) for both the Klemetsrud and Brobekk plants.
- New PLC for the Klemetsrud plant
- Improvement of effluent water treatment from flue gas treatment plant. High focus on mercury removal.
- Development of pilot plant for dioxin removal.
- Optimisation of SO2-scrubber stage.
- Installation of oil burners (54 MW installed capacity, 4 incineration lines)
1985-96 REO/Klemetsrudanlegget and Oslo renholdsverk
- Establishing the operational organisation at REO, incineration plant. (1985)
- Purchase of coarse shredder for wood waste (1986)
- Development of computer applications for plant management.
- New flue gas cleaning plant, Klemetsrudanlegget. (1986-1991)
1974-1984 The shiping company P. Meyer (AS Havtor Management)
- Carrier from apprentice to Chief Engineer.